Saturday, May 29, 2010

Handmade Flowers

If you're a scrabooker, you know how popular handmade flowers are right now.

I recently came across a technique on Rhonna Farrer's blog that I was totally taken with. It involves melting polyester satin ribbon until it crinkles up to resemble flower petals. It was a bit time consuming, but the results are gorgeous. (I'm also hoping it will go much faster the second time around.)

Here are my results:



and here are the original instructions from Rhonna's blog.

The other thing I had to share was another card using Kathy Martin's Digital Doodles stamp. What's unusual about this card is that I didn't create it -- my 11-year old daughter, Charlotte, did.

After twisting her arm to get her to write thank-you notes for her birthday gifts, I turned her loose in my scraproom. (I gave her some pre-printed cards, but she wanted to make her own.) I came upstairs later to find this:




She had found a print-out that I had used to paper piece the card I made in the previous post, and used it to create her own card. Further proof of how Kathy's adorable designs appeal to everyone!

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

:) Your daughter's thank you cards ROCK! :) And what a flower! Just might have to check out that blog/technique! :)

siberianpeachpie said...

I love the flower. Wow. Really neat. And different.

Great to see you and the fam the other night. Thanks for letting me drop in. You look terrific, and I'm so proud of ALL of you for your steadfast spirits. Happy Family. Take care, Lori. Keep in touch. (KEEP blogging!)
- Kathleen :)