Friday, May 7, 2010

Another Waiting Baby Page

I made one more page for "Rose", the little girl in the Starfish foster home. (Who is now truly at home with her forever family.) And who will soon have a 45-page Heritage Makers book documenting her time at Starfish, including this page of her first three Halloween's:


It's such a joy to look through her whole book and see the pages contributed by different scrappers with different styles.

And because it's getting hot here, this article on iced coffee recipes from Home Made Simple really caught my eye.

I'm trying to cut back on my Starbuck's consumption, with varying degrees of success. (Sometimes you feel like it's been a rough day and you deserve an iced mocha. At least, that's what I tell myself.) I doesn't help that Charlotte has developed her own (caffeine-free) Starbucks habit, thanks to a friend. The moral of the story: watch those trips to Starbucks with kids, unless you want to develop your own little Starbucks afficiando!

4 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I love your pages Lori! Great Halloween one!

I hear you about the mocha...that it's been a long day and we deserve one!!!! ABSOLUTELY! I sure do! :) That iced coffee photo looks HEAVENLY. I gotta go get something like that!!!! Look what you did! :)

Kathy Martin said...

Okay Lori...I'm back! :) I whipped up something frothy! I have some of those instant Starbuck's Via packs. I mixed one in a tall glass of milk, added some ice and a couple tablespoons of Hazelnut Coffee Mate and I set! :) You just don't know that power of a picture!!!! :)

Nancy said...

Well, and then there's the Gelato Spot...if it ain't one thing it's another! :) Cannot WAIT for Nov. and the Gelato Spot! :)

Hugs...Nancy

Lori Mar said...

I meant to make myself something at home like you did Kathy (really, I did!), but I ran out of time..... and ended up going to Starbucks between school and violin lessons! I'm so ashamed!!

Mmmm... Gelato! Right next door to Starbucks and school. I just can't win!