Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Two Digital Doodles Cards

I've fallen behind in my posting, so I have two new Digital Doodles cards to share:

Fur-ever Friend

I've decided that this summer is dedicated to getting my house in order. When you are (or were), a working mom, who also happens to be a 'keeper' married to another 'keeper', things tend to accumulate. So I am purging everywhere. I even made the decision to get rid of most of my scrapbook supplies and start over with a fresher, leaner collection. I slimmed down my paper quite a bit, although I just couldn't bring myself to get rid of all my old KI Memories and Scenic Route. I may be scheduling a round two...

The upside of all this was that I made a shopping trip to the biggest scrapbook store in the city. I was surprised to find out that they had converted a quarter of the store to fabrics and patterns. And not just any fabric, but Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Moda, and other hard-to-find designer fabrics. I was happy to find out where I can go for those. But on the other hand, it is another indicator that scrapbooking is coming down from it's peak. There seems to be blurring of lines between crafts and a lot more cross-craft inspiration -- which in the long run, has to be a good thing.

1 comment:

Kathy Martin said...

Two very sweet cards! LOVE them both! :)